Blog #4: You are Not Alone

 Hello everyone, welcome to another blog from Blissful Ignorance. Today I want to talk about something personal to me, but more importantly how I deal with it. In the United States alone 7.1%, 23,394,500 people have experienced a case of depression. Depression is very common throughout our world today with society leading the charge as we are always overworking ourselves, and pushing our limits. There are a multitude of reasons people get depressed but most commonly people just get burnt out, tired of doing the same things over and over, tired of struggling to pay their bills, and tired of being tired. I am by no means an expert but I feel as though I can shed some light onto how devastating depression is on you mentally and physically.

    To start I myself have been clinically diagnosed with severe depression, and I require medication to help keep myself from staying in bed all day. Life was extremely difficult for a time as I  had no motivation to do anything for myself, nor pursuit anything in my life. everything around me felt grey, empty, and pointless. I had a hard time just working my self up to leave the house for more than 10 minutes, it felt like I was always fighting myself in a never ending battle that led to more internal pain. It got to the point where I felt numb all the time, I destroyed the relationship between my girlfriend and myself, and I lost my job. I was not always like this, all it took was one incident to set me down this chain of events.

    All throughout middle school I never found school difficult or challenging, and I would always have straight A's. I was really smart and I had a couple of friends but with the switch over to high school everything changed. I never got to see my friends anymore and I was always swamped in school work. I made time where I could but it never seemed like it was enough, a few years later I had to start working so my life was school, work, sleep throughout high school. I really think that I pushed myself so hard that I ended up shooting myself in my own foot, instead of trying to enjoy life I tried to speed run it and it really cost me in the end.

    I just want everyone to know that you're not alone in your struggles out there, to everyone their struggles are all they know whether you might deem them small another might not. I took the chance to get help and I am glad I did, because now I am putting my life back together again piece by piece.

Sorry to get so serious on ya guys but I know people feel alone out there because I felt alone. I just want you to know you are not alone, many share what you have so please get help! This has been Blissful Ignorance signing off.

Comments

Post a Comment