Synthwave: a Missed opportunity? or a necessary stepping stone. Blog #8

 





    Hello everyone welcome back to another rant with yours truly! Today I would like to talk about an extraordinary type of music call synthwave. Synthwave is an electronic music microgenre that is based predominantly on the music associated with action, science-fiction, and horror film soundtracks of the 1980s. This genre of music was introduced to me from my dad, and a few friends back when I was in high-school. Even to this day this genre still thrives hidden beneath the new top hits of today, but the beauty really lies within how the music can reach out to you. I know I am not alone in the fact that music has the ability to touch the soul in ways nothing else can. Its almost like I really feel the music echoing through me, breaking through my defenses, and I wont lie it gets me emotional sometimes whether its sad, happy, or though provoking. I want to focus on one song in particular that has really tickled my fancy as of late by an artist who goes by the name GUNSHIP on youtube.

    

The song Art3mis & Parzival is a great example of what synthwave is capable of. It can express a story and convey feelings in a way I can only describe as exhilarating as your body floods with adrenaline as you get goose bumps up and down your body. However, with any music, it is extremely personal and this is only my experience with this genre. I really think you guys you check it out to find your fix, as there are so many variations, tones, and tempos it leaves you so much to explore. 

This has been Blisful Ignorance Have a good night everyone!

Comments

  1. Interesting. This is a new genre of music I wasn't aware of. You set this entry up nicely here. Continue to work through and fully establish your "point" in writing about each topic that you focus on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7 What is Fresh really?

Blog #5 Allstate Mayhem, lets dive deeper