Blissful Ignorance's take on some Gaming blogs #1

    Hello everyone todays blog will be centered around the gaming industry and some thoughts that I have on a couple of blogs I found interesting. First we're going to take a look at a blog titled "Xbox and Special Olympics hold first 'Gaming for Inclusion' esports event" by Devin Coldewey click here for the direct link. Devin Coldewey in a short summary is about Xbox and the Special Olympics working together on new events to includes gaming onto the stage. This blog honestly intrigued me in a way I haven't been for a while surprisingly enough, as gaming has been one of my biggest passions as of late. Games like Rocket League, Madden, and Forza have made it to the stage and honestly it is pretty wild to see. For a long time gaming had been looked down on as something degenerates would do to pass the time, and it is crazy to see just how much times have changed. I do think that this blog lacks a strong form of organization as some parts I did feel pretty lost at some points not to say I am innocent in this matter. The blog starts strong but gives you small pieces of information and than moves to a different structure. overall this blog was a pretty solid read and I would highly recommend you check it out.

    Next we have a blog about bungies decision on its fair multiplayer matchmaking controversary from Ari Notis named "Destiny 2 Players Are Mad Bungie's Gonna Enforce Fair Multiplayer Matchmaking". This blog shares a more supportive side for people who wanted the games multiplayer to put them up against other people with a similar skill level. Personally I have never been a huge fan of getting thrashed about in a video game but forcing everyone to a singular mandate sounds counter intuitive. The games hardcore mode is an optional game mode that is high risk, high reward; Making the hardcore mode more of a casual game mode feels like it will do more harm to the player base than it is trying to fix. The blog does make some goo points though regarding the amount of people who actually won the previous weekend "...about 750,000 Destiny 2 players participated in Trials. Of those, roughly a third (237,000) came away with a victory" (Notis, 1). It has been noted that people do intentionally make smurf accounts and play up against people who are ranked lower on the list. In conclusion Bungie at the end of the day has the final say on this matter but I do think that a different method should be found in the meantime of this change.

    Lastly, we have a blog that I both agree and disagree with named "10 Video Games for Newbies Who Always Wanted to Become Gamers" by Brendan Hesse. Already at the beginning I see issues the blog focuses just on the newer generation of games. Personally some of the gaming industries finest work comes from some of the older games like Assassin's Creed II, Halo Combat Evolved, Mass Effect, etc... Gaming should be about your interests whether you like story games or maybe you like fast paced multiplayer games, it should cater to you. The blog also makes a frustrating comment "We also made sure to select games adults can play without feeling like they're indulging in a kid's hobby..." (Hesse, 1). Gaming is for everyone and I mean everyone, gaming is a way for us to escape the stressful life that we live in todays world. Gaming is a way for people to live out their own fantasies and explore more about themselves as human beings. This blog was meant to be about different games you should try out if you're new to gaming but instead misses its mark and finds a way to alienate more people than it is trying to encourage.

    That was my rant for the day thank you all for reading and please leave me some feedback on some thoughts you may have, Lets have a conversation about some of this. 

    This is Blissful Ignorance signing off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7 What is Fresh really?

Blog #5 Allstate Mayhem, lets dive deeper

Synthwave: a Missed opportunity? or a necessary stepping stone. Blog #8