Blog #6 A Series Close to my Heart

 


    Hello everyone, welcome to another rant from yours truly. This time I want to talk about a game series That has been with me the entirety of my life, and is something I continually come back to over and over again. If you could not tell from the picture above I am talking about the world renown Mass Effect trilogy. The Mass Effect trilogy much like Assassins Creed is something I hold near and dear to my heart; The Mass Effect trilogy has been a huge staple in my life and has been my personal gate way into being the hero I want to be. It is not often we are faced with opportunities to be heroic, or to be the hero's of our own story, but Mass effect takes on an emotional roller coaster where you're faced with making difficult decisions. 

    Lets start from the beginning. Mass Effect takes place in humanities future in the year 2183. The first game follows a main character named Commander Shepard (You); You get to shape the backstory of Commander Shepard to fit that of you or the character you wish to be, as well as choosing the gender, and looks of the character. The huge selling point on Mass Effect is that every decision you make influences the story you are playing, shaping it around you, and every action has consequences and you learn that the hard way. You are faced with moral dilemmas that also help to shape your character unlocking different options throughout the story itself. there are 3 technical routes that have the most impact but are not the only option you have with first of the big 3 being Renegade. Renegade is the sort of evil option as renegade choices often lead to the disregard of civilian lives. Paragon on the other end of the spectrum is the classic good guy with the high morale standards. and lastly we have the neutral playthrough which is self explanatory.

      

    

    Furthermore, Mass Effects rough storyline (So don't worry very small Spoiler incoming!) takes place in 2183 after humanity found the secrets to space travel on mars hidden within an ancient precursor artifact. Humanity however, was not alone and discovered that there were multiple races that were already capable of space travel. You play as Commander Shepard who is on a secret mission on a brand new project involving the different races within the galaxy. from here you are sent on your way to explore the world(s) of the Mass Effect Trilogy and the mysteries that unfold within them. 

    Lastly, I have to say the game is a great experience all round with its innovative but dated technology, it is a great way to feel the nostalgia of growing up in the 2000's and is a great reminder as to how artistic, and creative a video game can be with each games decisions affect the next games. You grow alongside your character throughout this experience and keep everything from the previous games to lead to a crazy experience that I cannot put into words. So get out there and explore the stars! These games are a definite 9/10 for me, and I highly recommend you check them out!

This is Blissful Ignorance signing off.

Comments

  1. You have a solid understanding of the necessary structure and organization of these posts. Continue to incorporate images and visual support to each entry as you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Before reading this, I have never heard of the game Mass Effect. The way you describe this makes me want to go and find it so I can try this game out for myself. The amount of detail is immense. I can't wait to read your next blog entry. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7 What is Fresh really?

Blog #5 Allstate Mayhem, lets dive deeper

Synthwave: a Missed opportunity? or a necessary stepping stone. Blog #8