Blog #10 The Final Send Off.

     Hello everyone this will be my final blog although my time has been short on this site I have had a blast speaking my mind so thank you to everyone who has viewed and or commented on my content! This has been a great way for me to stretch my writing muscles so I figured we should end this how it started.


    Today I will be talking about a game called Subnautica. Subnautica is a survival game that takes place on an ocean world after your colony ship crashed after an unknown incident. You play the role of a silent protagonist named Riley who barely makes it out alive after escaping into an escape pod from your colony ship the Aurora. As you exit your life pod you are presented with an endless ocean and the looming wreckage of your former home away from home. I do not want to spoil the game and the experience so From here on out I will be talking about my experience and feelings playing this game. 


To start off I had Thalassophobia which is a type of specific phobia that involves a persistent and intense fear of deep bodies of water such as the ocean or sea. So Im already asking for a world of hurt on this one. Taking the first dive into the ocean in this game was excruciatingly hard for me as I could feel my body tingle, I was on edge from the get go. However, this feeling did not last long as I was present with beautiful flora, coral, and schools of fish who were peacefully swimming through the ocean as If I did not exist. It was a moment of calm before the storm as I observed my surroundings I mustered the strength to continue moving forward. This was only the first 3 minutes I experience within the game, it is crazy to see how video games have such a large influence on us, and how it can really absolve you into its world. This game simultaneously makes you feel alone, and hunted at all times as the quiet waves splash across your pod to the leviathan class creatures (basically super sharks) lurk in the depths below. 

Every where you go you are surrounded by beautiful creatures, plants, and alien structures that leave you wanting more and more from the story itself. The gameplay is in its own right unique and refreshing from most common survival games like dayZ or Ark. Its ahrd to explain the shear amount of pleasure I received from this experience. I put a total of 30+ hours into Subnautica and every bit of it was worth it. It actually help me get over my fear of the ocean funny enough, and gave me a whole new appreciation for the diverse bio life that we have here on earth with us. Overall this game leaves you full filled with an everlasting experience unique only to you. 

This has been Blissful Ignorance for the Last time goodnight everyone!


Comments

  1. It's too bad all of these final entries were posted just before the deadline since it kept your peers from being able to read and engage with your blog. You have continued to develop an honest and engaging voice in your posts over the course of the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7 What is Fresh really?

Blog #5 Allstate Mayhem, lets dive deeper

Synthwave: a Missed opportunity? or a necessary stepping stone. Blog #8