Blog #7 What is Fresh really?

 


        I had the pleasure of watching a documentary called "Fresh" which focused on agriculture within the united states. The documentary uses multiple perspectives from the different farmers suppling food to their local communities, as well as the challenges they faced with corporations, pesticides, etc. In all honesty I have never really thought about the food I eat and where it comes from. It is crazy to think that something we do so often in our lives, and is so essential to our survival becomes an after thought due to how easily available everything is to us. This film really poked at my emotions of frustration, anger, sadness, and joy from different environments whether it was the chicken coops packed to the brim with chickens, to the harmony that can be found in nature between livestock and crops. It takes you on an emotional joyride while showing you the reality of how we get our food.     

    Honestly, this film is tremendous and does an amazing job of exploring a very complex problem within the US today. Should we work more towards efficiency at the cost of the animals, or should we sacrifice efficiency to provide more for animals. This the problem that really hits hard with everyone because for myself I hate to see innocent living creatures harmed for a quick profit but the more land we give up for livestock the more pollution there is in the air. It is a very complex balance that still remains unsolved. So in conclusion I highly recommend you guys watch this film for yourselves as its an experience you will not forget, and it will change how you see your food in the future.  

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear that this film opened your eyes and helped you to think about this topic in new ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5 Allstate Mayhem, lets dive deeper

Synthwave: a Missed opportunity? or a necessary stepping stone. Blog #8